Open Mind School is a nonprofit 501 (C) (3) public charity organization serving children ages four through twelve who are identified as gifted & talented, those typically mainstreamed, and children with a range of special needs. Our year round school provides both partial and full day school programs, afterschool programs, home support, and weekend recreational activities. The goal of Open Mind School is to empower children and their families with the skills and motivation they will need to reach their unique developmental potential. We are known for being a research hub that provides a supportive and challenging environment where graduate students complete practicum and present/publish research on education.
The position of Elementary School Teacher is a unique opportunity for individuals interested in an inclusion model to work collaboratively with a team of dedicated professionals. Currently we are looking to fill a full time salary position. The program is in Redwood Shores and all materials, curriculum, and training will be provided by Open Mind School. This is a year-long position that starts January 19 th (flexible start date).
Duties and Responsibilities might include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Follow an individual education program for each student based on the student’s IEP and education plan.
- Keep children motivated and engaged.
- Provide support for group, small group, and individual instruction. We will have art therapists, music therapist, and yoga/movement providing enrichment.
- Under the direction of the Executive Director the Elementary School Teacher is responsible for planning, preparing, and implementing lesson plans.
- Attend team meetings.
- Assist with providing regular, ongoing, positive communication with parents, including but not limited to, daily or weekly written and verbal reports.
- Administrative tasks as assigned.
- Multiple-Subject Teaching Credential/ Special Ed. Mild to Mod or Mod to Severe and experience with special needs is a must.
- Pass a livescan, current physical examination, a negative TB test, and be legally able to work in the US.
- Possess excellent leadership, interpersonal and time management skills, proficiency with writing and communication, good problem-solving skills, and must work well within teams.
- Must LOVE children and love to teach.
Job Location: 1060 Twin Dolphin Dr. Redwood City CA
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:30am-4:30pm.
Salary: $45,000-60,000/year DOE
- General Education
- Child Development
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- Child Care
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Monday – Friday 8:30am-4:30pm.