10 people are interested
10 people are interested
Open Mind School is a private inclusion school serving children ages 18 months through high school. Our year-round school provides both partial and full-day school programs, afterschool programs, home support, and weekend recreational activities. The goal of Open Minds is to empower children and their families with the skills and motivation they will need to reach their unique developmental potential.
The position of Classroom Volunteer is a unique opportunity for professionals to gain meaningful hands-on experience in a dynamic school setting. The school day is 8:30 am-3:00 pm.
Duties and Responsibilities might include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Help with transitions from curbside drop-off to the classroom.
- Keep the child(ren) motivated and engaged.
- Provide support for the group, small group, and individual instruction.
- Under the direction of the Inclusion Teacher, you might be responsible for helping students complete assignments.
- Support the classroom teacher in daily instruction.
- Direct questions from parents as needed to the school director.
- Administrative tasks as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Dress comfortably but professionally with business casual attire.
- Have fun and be creative!
Classroom support will complete a background check and submit a negative TB test. Classroom support professionals must be open-minded, fun-loving, professional, and be good problem-solvers, who work well in teams.
OMS adheres to strict Covid-19 protocols, including requiring masks, hand washing/sanitization, and regular Covid-19 testing.
About Open Mind School
1215 O'Brien Drive, Menlo Park, CA 94025, US
Open Mind School was founded and its mission established on the beliefs that: All children should have access to a quality education that provides a broad range of experiences. Students should actively participate in their own learning. Teaching should be based on the learning styles of the students. Integrating multiple methodologies makes implementation of best practice more individualized. Everyone should have the opportunity to share thoughts, express emotions, and be heard by caring professionals. Students, families, and professionals must work in collaboration to effectively help students reach their maximum potential. Providing regular opportunities for inclusive experiences is important to build openness and understanding in society. Training and support for staff is fundamental in maintaining a well informed team to best serve the children in the school.
Do you believe that every child should have access to quality, comprehensive education based on individual learning styles? Do you want to be part of a groundbreaking nonprofit with a huge impact on the community? If so, we'd love to have you on our team. Open Mind School is a nonprofit 501(C) 3 inclusive school with small classrooms, adapted curriculum, innovative technology, and a BIG emphasis on enrichment activities. We are devoted to creating a motivating and appropriate environment where children can make meaningful gains in cognitive, physical, social, and developmental domains. We apply the most recent research when adapting and modifying activities and materials for different learners. We are also proud to partner with Yahoo for the Silicon Valley's first Tech Bridge Program.
1215 O'Brien DriveMenlo Park, CA 94025
October 12, 2021
- General Education
- Child Development
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- Child Care
- Teaching / Instruction
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Monday – Friday 8:30am-3:00pm, days and times can be flexible but must be consistent.
- OMS adheres to strict Covid-19 protocols, including requiring masks, hand washing/sanitization, and regular Covid-19 testing.