133 people are interested
PRS CrisisLink Hotline/Textline Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: PRS, Inc.
Please visit the new page to apply.
133 people are interested
Mission of PRS
PRS’ Mission is to provide behavioral health, crisis intervention and suicide prevention services.
Vision of PRS
PRS’ Vision is to change and save lives in our community by empowering hope, safety, recovery, wellness, independence and community integration.
PRS is community-based nonprofit organization. Serving individuals living with mental illness, substance use disorders, mild intellectual disabilities, autism spectrum disorders, and all individuals who face life crisis. PRS CrisisLink, a critical program of PRS, provides 24/7 crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to the community.
Join Our Volunteer Team!
We are seeking empathetic, non-judgmental, and compassionate volunteers to answer our suicide and crisis prevention hotline calls, chats, and texts at PRS CrisisLink.
PRS CrisisLink volunteers receive extensive and intensive classroom and on-the-job training. Volunteers also complete self-paced, online training that is paired with the classroom sessions. All training is evidence based and includes content on active listening, crisis de-escalation, providing information and referrals to clients, and much more. Both training and responding to calls, chats, and texts is done entirely virtually.
Because we are virtual, volunteers can expect to use a range of technologies on each of their shifts, including our cloud-based phone system and a portal to document calls, chats, and texts. Training on these platforms is provided.
A training fee of $75 is required and covers the cost of a background check and all training materials provided to each trainee.
PRS CrisisLink trainees commitment to about 60 hours of training followed by a one-year, 3-hour a week volunteer shift, all completed remotely. Our current needs for volunteers are:
- Chat Volunteers, any day 8pm-11pm EST or 9pm-12am EST
- Hotline volunteers, 4pm-12am EST any day, with our greatest need being Saturday 5pm-8pm EST or 8pm-11pm EST
How to Become a PRS CrisisLink Volunteer:
- Complete an application online
- Watch a recorded information session and complete a Volunteer Survey, both sent via email after applying
- Attend a virtual group interview
- Attend all training dates, including classroom sessions and on-the-job-trainings, and complete self-paced training materials
- Reference and background checks
- Begin your first shift!
Please click on the link below to view more information on our volunteer program:
PRS CrisisLink volunteers acquire excellent communication and suicide prevention skills that last a lifetime. Volunteers who complete their commitment receive letters of recommendation.
How to Apply:
Please visit our website (provided below) to review the volunteer position and apply: https://prsinc.org/crisislinkvolunteering/
- Must be 21 years old.
- Must be willing to meet the challenge by committing to 150 hours of service (with one 3 hour shift per week for one year) after successful completion of training.
- A non refundable $75 training fee is required and covers background check and the materials provided to each trainee. The fee is payable at the time of acceptance into the training program.
About PRS, Inc.
10455 White Granite Drive, Suite 400, Oakton, VA 22124, US
PRS provides behavioral health, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention services. PRS’ vision is to change and save lives in our community by empowering hope, safety, recovery, wellness, independence and community integration.
PRS exists so that individuals living with mental illness, substance use disorders, mild intellectual disabilities, autism spectrum disorders, and anyone who faces life crises can achieve safety, personal wellness, recovery and community integration.
We work alongside our clients at all phases of recovery, teaching them how to live independently. With Centers in Fairfax, Mt. Vernon, VA, and residential sites throughout Northern Virginia, PRS offers a comprehensive array of programs including the Recovery Academy, Community Housing, Employment Services and Community Support Services, and PRS CrisisLink, a 24/7 suicide prevention and crisis intervention hotline and textline.
10455 White Granite Drive, Suite 400Oakton, VA 22124
April 15, 2022
- Mental Health
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Crisis Counseling
- Crisis Intervention
- Problem Solving
- People Skills
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 150 hours (one 3-hour shift/week) post training
- Training material fee of $50 payable at the time of acceptance into training program