PRS CrisisLink Hotline/Textline Volunteer - Spring 2019 Training Class
89 people are interested
PRS CrisisLink is looking for empathetic, non-judgmental, and caring volunteers to answer our suicide and crisis prevention hotline calls and texts at our call center. Our volunteers are committed to saving lives and preventing tragedies. Last year, we handled over 35,000 calls and thanks to our highly trained volunteers, our crisis and suicide prevention hotlines operate 24/7 to support individuals facing a life crisis or suicide, and connect them to community resources, empowering individuals to help themselves.
Crisis Worker volunteers receive over 60 hours of intensive training to handle crisis calls. Training includes a 2-Day Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) which is an evidence-based certification training, a multi day in person hotline training, online training modules, and on the job training/shadowing.
For our next training session, priority will be given to those applicants who are available to cover shifts in our areas of highest need and call volume. Shifts available are; daytime, evenings, and weekends and are subject to a screening process and interview.
PRS CrisisLink volunteers acquire excellent communication and suicide prevention skills that last a lifetime. Volunteers who complete their commitment receive letters of recommendation.
How to Apply:
Please visit our website (provided below) to review the volunteer position and apply: https://prsinc.org/crisislink/volunteer/crisishotline/
- Must be 21 years old.
- Must be willing to meet the challenge by committing to 150 hours of service (with one 3 hour shift per week for one year) after successful completion of training.
- A non refundable $50 training fee is required and covers background check and the materials provided to each trainee. The fee is payable at the time of acceptance into the training program.
We'll work with your schedule.
10455 White Granite Drive, Suite 400Oakton, VA 22124
- Mental Health
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Crisis Counseling
- Crisis Intervention
- Problem Solving
- People Skills
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 150 hours (one 3-hour shift/week) post training
- Training material fee of $50 payable at the time of acceptance into training program