Confidential Volunteer Advocates are needed to accompany domestic violence and sexual violence victims to hospitals, law enforcement agencies, and courts. Volunteers assist with crisis intervention, advocacy, and hotline calls. Volunteers also attend community and health fairs representing CFS and the SERV program.
- be 18 years of age
- have reliable transportation
- complete 40 hours of training
- pass the Domestic Violence Advocate training test or Sexual Violence Advocate training test, depending on which training you attend
Domestic Violence Response Team (DVRT) advocates are needed in Gloucester and Cumberland counties and Sexual Assault Response Team (SART) advocates are needed in Camden, Gloucester, and Cumberland Counties. Center For Family Services provides the volunteer advocate training program several times throughout the year. For more information and to register for the next training session, please email email@example.com or Denise Rosen at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about the SERV program and domestic violence and sexual violence services click here: http://www.centerffs.org/serv/welcome
- People Skills
- Crisis Counseling
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Two 8-hour shifts per month
- Become a Volunteer Advocate for...
- Volunteer your skills and energy...
- Volunteer your time and energy...
- Volunteer as an Anti-Human...
- Dedicate a year of service....
- Inspire a life long love of...
- Volunteer with Head Start!
- Join NJ Teens Who Love to...
- Professional Chefs Needed!
- Are you bilingual? Volunteer as...