Would you like an opportunity to help others and give back to your community? Have you ever thought about volunteering for a hospice? Did you know that volunteers are the heart and soul of hospice care? As a Hospice Volunteer, you will be an important, integral member of an interdisciplinary team!
Currently we are seeking volunteers to assist in our Los Angeles main office, located just south of Culver City.
Operation Support Volunteer
Hospice provides care and comfort to people who are terminally ill and provides support to their families, friends, and caregivers. As an Operation Support Volunteer, you will be the backbone of our field operation and provide important behind-the-scenes support to the patients and families we serve. Volunteer opportunities range from
- general office support such as answering calls, filing paperwork, entering data, and making information packets;
- language support such as providing interpretation or translation services (this can be done at the office, in the field, or from your remote location);
- bereavement support such as making follow-up calls and writing letters to those who are grieving; and
- program development support such as compiling resources relevant to patients and their families, conducting community outreach to educate the public about hospice and to recruit volunteers.
Bilingual Spanish-speakers are highly desired, as well as those with customer service experience.
Volunteers are limited only by their imaginations. If you have a skill or interest that is not included here, we would love to meet with you to find out more about how we can work together and to provide you the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of those who need it the most.
We provide comprehensive orientation and training, so even if you don’t have previous experience with hospice, we will provide you with all the tools you need to be the best volunteer you can be!
This is an excellent opportunity to learn and to give back for people of all ages. We look forward to hearing from you TODAY!
- Administrative Support
- Bereavement Support
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible. We work with your availability!
- Current car insurance, Transporation for Volunteer, Medical Clearance