Make a Positive Difference in our Community: Visit Hospice Patients & Their Families!
As a Hospice Volunteer you are specially trained to support the patient and family in a variety of ways that suit your personality: companion visits for patient and family, Spiritual Support Volunteer, Vigil Volunteer (sitting with someone who is actively dying), helping provide clerical office support, bereavement visits / support calls, and participating in special projects. Flexible to fit your busy schedule.
Brookdale Hospice provides an individualized program of physical, emotional, and practical care for the patient, with an emphasis on pain control and symptom management. We emphasize comfort, dignity and respect, and we believe that centering our focus on both the patient and the family enables us to provide the best care.
Serious interested parties only, please. **For Patient Safety: must be able to pass a drug screen, background check, TB 2-step test. Possess current driver's license and vehicle insurance (if you drive to patient's residence)**
CESSLIE JOY PHARR, Volunteer Coordinator
Love lives here every day.
7222 Commerce Center Drive Suite 100 | Colorado Springs | CO 80919
Main 719.268.2582 | Cell 719.367.3811
- Spiritual Healing
- Elder care
- Hospice Care
- Relationship Building
- People Skills
- Veteran Care
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Spend 1/2 an hour to an hour a week with a patient
- Heart to serve with compassionate care.
- Read to Hospice Patients
- Card-playing Hospice Volunteer
- Vigil Volunteer
- Join Our Hospice Companionship...
- Sing to (and with) a Hospice...
- Veteran-to-Veteran Hospice...
- Hospice Volunteer Orientation:...
- Hospice Volunteers Needed!
- Hospice Volunteer Companion
- Animal Companions for Hospice...
- Ivory Tickler for Hospice Patients