Purpose: To greet the public, introduce people to our adoption program, and sell retail products to guests and adopters.
Requirements: 18 years or older. Be able to commit to a weekly 2-3 hour shift for 3 consecutive months of service. Excellent people and communication skills. The ability to represent Seattle Area Feline Rescue in a positive and appropriate manner. Ability to learn the basics of each product for sale in the retail section and guide clients towards appropriate products. Willingness and ability to learn the following tasks:
- Assist the public. Greet guests and potential adopters. Explain our adoption process to prospective adopters while they wait for assistance from an adoption counselor.
- Introduce new adopters to products that the retail section carries, explain the benefits of types of food, as well as proper feeding protocol based on individual cats.
- Operate the cash register and handle money and use credit card machines.
- Keep the front spaces clean and organized, and assist with aspects of the adoption process, such as getting cages ready, as needed and instructed.
Supervisor: Volunteer Manager/Rescue Manager
Training: Orientation, Training and Job-shadow when needed
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Office Reception
- People Skills
- Retail / Sales
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 hours weekly for 3 consecutive months
- See other requirements above