Help Homeless Cats Find Their Adopters by Providing Adoption Support!
44 people are interested
Come join a fun team of cat lovers who help save the lives of over 1,600 kitties each year! Support from caring animal lovers like you makes the rescue’s work possible!
About Us: Seattle Area Feline Rescue is a no-kill cat shelter in the north Seattle area who rescues high risk cats and kittens from places like over crowded shelters to give them a second chance. Our rescue and network of foster homes provide their foster kitties with the time, love, and space that they need until they can be placed with their forever family. As a nonprofit, in order to keep up with the large number of lives we save each year, we rely on our volunteers to help keep up with all the things the kitties need!
Role Purpose: To greet the public, introduce people to our adoption program, and sell retail products to guests and adopters.
Requirements: 18 years or older. Be able to commit to a weekly 2-3 hour shift for 3 consecutive months of service. Excellent people and communication skills. The ability to represent Seattle Area Feline Rescue in a positive and appropriate manner. Ability to learn the basics of each product for sale in the retail section and guide clients towards appropriate products. Willingness and ability to learn the following tasks:
- Assist the public. Greet guests and potential adopters. Explain our adoption process to prospective adopters while they wait for assistance from an adoption counselor.
- Introduce new adopters to products that the retail section carries, explain the benefits of types of food, as well as proper feeding protocol based on individual cats.
- Operate the iPod point of sale, handle money and use credit card machines.
- Keep the front space clean and organized, and assist with aspects of the adoption process, such as getting cages ready, as needed and instructed.
Supervisor: Volunteer Manager/Operations Manager
Training: Orientation, Training and Job-shadow when needed
How to Start: Please go to http://www.seattleareafelinerescue.org/volunteer/ for further information including the form you need to fill out to join our organization and helping us save more kitties' lives!
We'll work with your schedule.
14717 Aurora Ave. NShoreline, WA 98133
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Office Reception
- People Skills
- Retail / Sales
- Animal Care / Handling
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 2.5 hours weekly for 3 consecutive months
- See other requirements above