At Crossroads Hospice, we are dedicated to providing quality end-of-life care. We recognize the sacrifices that men and women of the armed forces have made in serving their country.To better care for patients who are veterans, the Crossroads Hospice staff and volunteers are educated and trained in caring for veterans at the end-of-life. Active service members and veterans are encouraged to volunteer! Here are just a few ways you can make a difference in the life of veterans with terminal diagnoses:
- Visits to hospice veterans in their home or nursing home
- Listen to their life story and reminisce with them
- Help create a Life Journal to give to their family
- Participate in our Honor Our Veterans Recognition Program
- Run errands for those who are homebound
- Educate veterans' groups about hospice services by speaking at their meetings
All volunteers must attend training and meet minimum requirements. You decide the number of hours you can dedicate each week or month and how far from your home or office you can travel.
Our next training is Wednesday, November 30th from 5:00-6:30pm.
Please contact Liz McCown for more details at (405) 632-9631 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- TB test & Fingerprinting - will be provided free of charge
- Big Hearts, Big Paws, Big Smiles!
- Veterans Helping Veterans -...
- Companionship. Joy. Comfort.
- College Students! Need hours for...
- Do you have 45 minutes to spare?
- Are you a Veteran that can spend...
- Internship Opportunities!
- Veterans Helping Veterans
- Helping families remember their...
- Hey guys do you have time to for...
- Hang Out With Patients In Their...
- High School Students! Need...
- Curious about hospice...