At Altus Hospice we are all about living and providing the best comfort care for our patients and their loved ones. One of the ways we provide this care is thru our amazing Volunteers who compliment the rest of our care team.We are looking for Patient Support Volunteers in Round Rock and the surrounding areas.
Orienation: Our next orientation will be on Saturday, March 5th, 2016. For future dates don't hesitate to call our office at: 512-614-2851 and ask for Katrina.
A little about Volunteers:
- No medical experience needed
- Be reliable
- Have an open heart!
- Need to have reliable transportation
- Pick their own schedule
- "Friendly visitors." that do not have an agenda . They are simply there to visit, be a friend, help a patient "forget" for a moment and just truly enjoy life.
- Give caregivers a break for a couple of hours. This is so the caregiver can attend to their own needs such as going to a doctor’s appointment or going to the grocery.
- A few of the activities Volunteers have done during visitsare: go for a walk, sit with someone and encourage them to eat, attend an activity, make someone's day not so long and lonely,dance, sing, read a bible out loud, paint fingernails, listen to stories about traveling, and share a Hersey's candy bar.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, or if you have more questions about Hospice - let me know. Please include your name and phone number . Have a great day......I look forward to hearing from you! Katrina Wilson, VC
- People Skills
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- you choose when you want to volunteer
- Compassion Reliability