Volunteer Courier- We provide the car & gas!
Oklahoma Blood Institute Tulsa
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
39 people are interested
Delivering and retrieving blood products, equipment, displays, shipments, and supplies to/from mobile blood drive sites, centers, and other facilities, as needed. Transport interoffice mail. If you enjoy driving this is a great way to help! Must be at least 21 years old.
Please note: Volunteers are not allowed to handle any blood products that not in transport boxes.
- Transport and deliver prepared boxes of blood products from centers
- Transport prepared and boxed blood products from mobile blood drive sites
- Transport interoffice mail
- Transport and deliver supplies, as needed
- Maintain quality delivery and service of blood products
- Be available for scheduled times and be able to respond to "on-call" requests
- All training will be provided. Basic computer skills needed for training purposes.
About Oklahoma Blood Institute Tulsa
4601 East 81st Street, Tulsa, OK 74137, US
To be the donor-to-patient lifeline, providing our communities & medical partners security by meeting transfusion & health care needs.
The Oklahoma Blood Institute is commited to the health of Oklahomans. For patients needing blood, it will be available and safety tested for transfusion. For blood donors, the Oklahoma Blood Institute performs a health screening and will recommend a consultation with the donor's private physician if screening results are of concern.
Oklahoma Blood Institute provides every drop of blood needed by patients in more than 150 medical facilities across the state. It is the ninth largest, non-profit blood center in America.
Annually, more than 200,000 donations are given by generous Oklahomans. Oklahoma Blood Institute employs nearly 700 staff and works with an estimated 1,000 volunteers and 2,600 drive coordinators to meet the medical needs of fellow Oklahomans - providing the life saving gift of blood in almost 90% of the states medical facilities.