We are looking for a variety of skills to bring our vision of a life-honoring, educational and sustainable living model to full fruition at Circle of Children. Experts and beginners wanting to get their hands dirty can get involved by:
- Designing and implementing projects: Edible forest gardening, children's garden, swales, graywater composting, rainwater harvesting, pond, plant nursery, non-invasive bee keeping, bamboo agroforestry, living roof for our natural building project, and much more.
- Planning: Performing a site analysis and creating an inspiring land management proposal that would enhance the area.
- Spring: Prepping the garden beds, amending the soil, sowing seeds, designing permaculture systems, natural building
- Summer: Developing a watering system for the garden, building trellises, weeding, making improvements to the land, bringing in resources, sowing seeds, daily harvest, natural building etc.
- Fall: Pruning fruit trees, maintaining the land, watering the garden, daily harvest and building permaculture systems that will have a long-term beneficial impact at our center.
Not only will the food that we grow sustainably nourish our body, minds, and spirits, but provide an integral environment for connecting our natural world with experiential education.
Interested volunteers should be prepared to commit to at least one week of volunteer service, be in good physical condition, be prepared to camp outdoors, enjoy rustic living conditions and be committed to tending the earth in a harmonious, respectful manner.
Location: This volunteer opportunity is listed as being in Eugene, Oregon. Our land is actually located on Triangle Lake, 45 minutes northwest from the town of Eugene.
Our Land: In January of 2012, Circle of Children was donated 60 acres of land at Triangle Lake, to create a center that will be of benefit to humanity and the earth. The property features a fully-developed conference center with lakefront access and is surrounded by 180 acres of wildlife preserve in the foothills of Oregon’s Coastal Mountain Range.
Thanks to our volunteers and donors, we have been blessed with 2 acres of organic permaculture garden which includes a circle garden, food forest and hundreds of sapling fruit trees.
Before applying, please note: Circle of Children is completely free from intoxicating substances of all kinds. All food consumed on our land is 100% organic, vegetarian and free from cane sugar. Additionally, we do not practice the domestication of animals for any purposes.
- Environmental Education
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Kids Teens Group
Requirements & Commitment
- 2 weeks