(Volunteer Tutor)Tutor Refugee Children With Us!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
97 people are interested
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Commit to volunteering consistently on a weekly basis
- Work with one to four students per session
- Tutor K-12 students attending the Refugee Education Center, including:
- Providing homework assistance to students
- Reading with students after required work is completed
- Engaging students in learning activities such as games, puzzles, projects, creative assignments, worksheets, or any other appropriate activities
About The Refugee Education Center
2130 Enterprise St. SE, Kentwood, MI 49503, US
To support refugee children and families to gain the necessary skills for seamless and successful integration into the community through providing comprehensive educational support and youth development services, along with fostering cultural knowledge and understanding.
Founded in 2006 by immigrants and refugees, the Refugee Education & Cultural Center (REC) is a 501(c) (3) non-profit based in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Its goal is to support families and individuals to gain the skills necessary for successful integration into the community.
The main objectives of the program are as follows:
- Empower refugee families to succeed in school and in life.
- Support refugee children to finish school and become self-sufficient.
- Provide refugee families a place to socialize to strengthen their families and their communities.
- Foster a lasting sense of community that will benefit both refugee and non-refugee families alike.
- Foster leadership development in the refugee community.
We'll work with your schedule.
2130 Enterprise Street SouthEastKentwood, MI 49508
February 11, 2020
- General Education
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours a week Monday - Thursday from 4 - 6 pm
- Volunteer with us to provide education support for K-12 refugee children. Our K-12 students struggle to finish their schoolwork alone. Most refugee parents lack education background and can't support their children, so Your help is needed always!