Join the nation's leading provider of Hospice Care and assist patients in documenting their life story. This can be achieved by completing a Life Review book, conducting an interview and creating a DVD Video Life Review or create a web page Life Review with our partner website. This can be the most powerful gift to offer patient's families; a documented account of their loved one's life. Help us offer this precious heirloom that can be viewed for generations. You must have your own software to create the video production. ALL Volunteers must attend a 2 day Orientation to gain the knowledge you will need to work with terminally ill patients. You will also complete an additional Life Review training. These are held every other month on 2 consecutive Saturdays.
- People Skills
- Video Production
- Basic Computer Skills
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- One visit per week generally 1-2 hrs long
- 2017 Orientation Dates: Jan 7 & 21, Mar 18 & 25, May 20 & 27, Jul 22 & 29, Sept 2 & 9, Nov 4 & 18
- A Hospice Cosmetology Volunteer
- A Hospice Patient Care Volunteer
- A Hospice "Life Review" Volunteer
- A Hospice Veteran Volunteer
- A Hospice Telephone Assurance...
- Administrative Hospice Volunteer
- A Hospice Alternative Therapy...
- A Hospice Volunteer-Teen Program
- A Hospice Bereavement Volunteer
- A Hospice Memory Bear Sewer
- A Hospice "Paw Pal" Pet Volunteer