Come join a fun team of cat lovers who help save the lives of over 1,500 kitties each year! Support from caring animal lovers like you makes the rescue’s work possible!
About Us: Seattle Area Feline Rescue is a no-kill cat shelter in the north Seattle area who rescues high risk cats and kittens from places like over crowded shelters to give them a second chance. Our rescue and network of foster homes provide kitties with the time, love, and space that they need until they can be placed with their forever family. As a nonprofit, in order to keep up with the large number of lives we save each year, we rely on our volunteers to help keep up with all the things the kitties need!
Role Purpose: To help make cat spaces clean and comfortable for rescued cats as they await adoption.
Requirements: 17 years or older, able to work independently. Be able to commit to a weekly 2-3 hour shift for 3 consecutive months of service. Be able to squat, bend, twist, lift and stand for entire shift. Be comfortable with direct contact with cats and kittens, dirty litter boxes & food bowls, and cleaning agents such as bleach, peroxide, and trifectant. Attention to detail and ability to follow instructions. Willingness and ability to learn the following tasks:
- Spot clean or sanitize cat cages daily for each cat according to set protocols.
- Prepare clean litter pans, food and water bowls and put them in correct cages.
- Clean dirty litter boxes and food bowls after cage cleaning is complete.
- Observe general cat behavior and make note of important changes for staff.
- Keep supply prep room cleanly and sanitary.
- Sweep and mop after cage cleaning is complete.
- May take pictures of cats and kittens after cleaning is complete.
Supervisor: Cat Care Lead/Volunteer Coordinator/ Cat Care Mentor
Training: Information session, Training shifts. Job-shadow when needed.
Next Step: Please go to http://www.seattleareafelinerescue.org/volunteer/ for further information including the form you need to fill out to join our organization and helping us save more kitties' lives!
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours weekly for 3 consecutive months/ 50 hours
- Be able to squat, bend, twist, lift and stand for entire shift. Ability to work directly with cats.