Purpose: To make cat spaces clean and comfortable for the resident cats.
Requirements: 17 years or older, able to work independently. Be able to commit to a weekly 2-3 hour shift for 3 consecutive months of service. Be able to squat, bend, twist, lift and stand for 3 hours while working directly with cats and kittens. Be comfortable with direct contact with cats and kittens, dirty litter boxes, and cleaning agents such as bleach and trifectant. Attention to detail and ability to follow instructions. Willingness and ability to learn the following tasks:
- Spot clean cat cages daily for each cat according to set protocols.
- Prepare clean litter pans, food and water bowls.
- Clean dirty litter boxes and food bowls after cage cleaning is complete.
- Observe general cat behavior and make note of important changes for staff.
- Keep supply prep room cleanly and sanitary.
- Sweep and mop after cage cleaning is complete.
- Socialize with cats and kittens after cleaning is complete.
Supervisor: Cat Care Lead/Volunteer Coordinator
Training: Information session, Training and Job-shadow when needed
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours weekly for 3 consecutive months
- Be able to squat, bend, twist, lift and stand for 3 hours while working directly with cats.