West Valley Community Services (WVCS)* is looking for 1-2 volunteer to assist with Tuesday morning Grocery pickup from a local grocer. This shift is from approxiamtely 8:30am-9:30am. The food that is picked up goes straight to our Food Pantry where it is served that day.
WVCS has wonderful relationships with local grocery stores to provide clients with fresh produce and bread, things that many typical food pantries cannot provide. In order to provide these goods to clients, we look for volunteers to help us pick up these donated groceries and bring them into the food pantry.
*West Valley Community Services (WVCS) is a basic needs organization that serves people in need in the Cupertino, Los Gatos, Monte Sereno, Saratoga, and West San Jose areas. The mission of WVCS is to encourage the sharing of community resources, to provide basic human needs in a caring and dignified environment, and to provide opportunities for volunteers to participate in WVCS' activities.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 1 shift per week, 8-week minimum commitment
- Can comfortably list 40lbs or more
- Food Pantry - Monday Morning
- Translator/Interpreter (as...
- Be a Financial Coach! (English...
- Food Pantry - Wednesday Mornings
- Grocery Pick-up - Wednesday...
- Grocery Pick-up - Monday...
- Grocery Pick-up - Friday...
- Grocery Pick-up - Thursday...
- Website Design/Graphic Design
- Food Pantry - Tuesday Mornings
- Grocery Pick-up -...