We are looking for 3 volunteers to spend their time in our Food Pantry on Tuesday mornings from 8am-12noon. Volunteers sort through food donations, stock our shelves with produce and directly serve our clients. West Valley Community Services (WVCS)* Food Pantry volunteers are a vital part of our organization. This is a great opportunity for volunteers that like to get moving, feel they've made a difference and enjoy serving clients in a direct way. Responsibilities include:
- providing direct customer service to our clients
- set up and clean up of the food pantry
- unloading, sorting and stocking donated goods
*West Valley Community Services (WVCS) is a basic needs organization that serves people in need in the Cupertino, Los Gatos, Monte Sereno, Saratoga, and West San Jose areas. The mission of WVCS is to encourage the sharing of community resources, to provide basic human needs in a caring and dignified environment, and to provide opportunities for volunteers to participate in WVCS' activities.
- People Skills
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Relationship Building
- Customer Service
- Food Service
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 1 shift per week, for an 8-week minimum commitment
- < span style=
- Planting and Harvesting our...
- Food Pantry - Monday Morning
- Translator/Interpreter (as...
- Food Pantry - Wednesday Mornings
- Grocery Pick-up - Wednesday...
- Grocery Pick-up - Monday...
- Grocery Pick-up - Friday...
- Grocery Pick-up - Thursday...
- Website Design/Graphic Design
- Food Pantry - Tuesday Mornings
- Grocery Pick-up -...
- Fundraising/Marketing Volunteer