About Mercy Center :
Mercy Center is a "haven" in Mott Haven, a community center offering programs and services that empower women and their families to reach their full potential and become agents of change for healthy family living and economic independence. We promote an improved quality of life by addressing the needs of the whole person in a community of respect, hospitality, and non-violence.
Who we're looking for :
- Proficient English speakers with good working knowledge of English grammar and language use.
- Experienced teachers with good interpersonal skills who enjoy working in diverse linguistic and cultural settings.
- Passionate teachers looking to empower immigrant communities through English language education.
- Applicants with teaching experience required.
- Help second language learners improve their English conversation skills through communicative language teaching (CLT) approach.
- Implement and adapt lesson plans from a standards-based curriculum.
- Report to the Director of Adult Education and Workforce Development.
Classes Offered :
- Tuesdays - Fridays: 9:00 am - 11:45 am
- Mondays - Thursdays: 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- 2 days per week / 3 hours per day (day or evening)
- Day or evening classes available
- In-house training, mentoring, networking, & other professional development opportunities provided.
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to Director of Adult Education & Workforce Development, Judit Criado Fiuza: email@example.com
For More Info: Please visit our website www.mercycenterbronx.org
Main Office: 377 E. 145th St. Bronx, NY 10454
2nd Site: 332 E. 149th St., 8th Flr. Bronx, NY 10451
- Adult Education
- People Skills
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Cross-cultural Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 2 days per week / 3 hours per day