Providence Hospice of Seattle is seeking caring and compassionate people in the South King county area to support terminally ill patients and their families. Volunteers provide companionship, respite for caregivers, and assistance with transportation, errands and housework. If you have a heart for being with people at the end of their lives, then this opportunity may be a match for you.
Note: Because patient and family support volunteers serve patients living in homes and facilities throughout our community, we recommend that volunteers have their own vehicles. (We do attempt to place volunteers with patients who live near them.) However, you are not required to have your own vehicle or provide transportation.
Volunteers offer practical and emotional support to hospice patients and their loved ones. They may provide respite for caregivers, companionship for patients, transportation to appointments, or assistance with errands, household tasks, meal preparation, and yard work.
Volunteers interested in working directly with patients and families must complete our core training and patient care volunteer training. Attendance at all sessions in a training class is required. Our next two scheduled training classes are:
Summer Training: Tukwila
- Tuesday, Aug 7, 9 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug 9, 9 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug 14, 9 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug 16, 9 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Fall Training: Shoreline
- Thursday, October 11th 4:30pm - 8:00pm
- Saturday, October 13th 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Thursday, October 25th 4:30pm - 8:00pm
- Saturday, October 27th 9:00am - 5:00pm
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, the next step is to complete an online application. Then one of our Volunteer Coordinators will contact you to arrange an in-person interview and answer any questions you have.
For more information, see our website at http://providence.org/hosvolunteer or call (206) 320-4000 or (888) 782-4445 (toll-free) and ask for Volunteer Services.
We look forward to talking with you!
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- Elder care
- People Skills
- Bereavement Support
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours/week
- Compassionate Listener? Federal...
- Volunteer Notaries Needed!
- Hospice volunteers - providing...
- Volunteer Barbers Needed!
- Compassionate Listener? Renton...
- Compassionate Listener? Kent...
- Compassionate Listener? West...
- Hospice Volunteers Needed!
- Compassionate Listener? Eastside...
- Compassionate listener? South...
- Compassionate Listener? Des...