Support monthly social program for Holocaust Survivors (Brookline)
47 people are interested
Schechter Holocaust Services (SHS) continues to honor the agency's longstanding commitment to address the needs and concerns of Holocaust survivors and their families as they change over time.
Caf? Hakalah is a monthly social and cultural gathering of Holocaust survivors. The goal of Caf? Hakalah is to offer Holocaust survivors:
- A reason to leave their home
- An opportunity to talk and make connections with other survivors
- Intellectual and cultural enrichment
Caf? Hakalah Volunteers attend the caf? and assist staff with registration, greeting guests, and serving food. Russian speaking volunteers may also be asked to help with translation.
The caf? lasts for about two hours and is generally held on the last Wednesday of every month.
Volunteers may sign up to help at one or more Caf? Hakalah events.
- Experience with elderly people
- Russian language skills a plus
- Have Wednesday daytime availability
- Be able to travel to Brookline
- Provide a minimum of two references
- Undergo a CORI check
How to Apply
If you are interested in volunteering for Schechter Holocaust Services as an Caf? Hakalah Volunteer, please fill out this program-specific application form .
We'll work with your schedule.
384 Harvard Street,Brookline, MA 02446
- Community Outreach
- Background Check