Work with groups, ages 6 - 18 and seniors. Help them learn and create artworks that raise public consciousness of global poverty, the environment and other important issues.
Creative expression encourages people of all ages to think more deeply about important issues while motivating them to act for positive change.Participants receive inspiring and valuable instruction on art, effective communication and important social issues. Then they communicate their concerns through drawings, paintings, and other art forms are possible.
They also write letters to their elected representatives, asking for changes in policy that may help millions of people.
These programs allow you to work with youth and/or seniors in nursing homes, community centers, homeless shelters, schools, assisted living facilities and other locations.
For most activities, we require at least a year of experience - and several years for some activities. Except for those with high level, professional skills, we ask most volunteers to average at least 15 hours a week. Some exceptions to these guidelines are possible. You can speak with us about this before you come in.
If possible, please include your resume, and if it's relevant for you, we appreciate a link to samples of your work.
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- Product Management and Business...
- Seeking WordPress Programming...
- TECH & WEBSITE DEVELOPMENT
- GRAPHIC DESIGN: Branding, Print...
- OFFICE SUPPORT, VOLUNTEER...
- PR, Fundraising, Marketing,...
- LAW AND REGULATORY COMPLIANCE
- CARPENTRY AND INTERIOR DESIGN
- The End Poverty Walkathon
- Journalism, Copywriting, &...
- Youth for Change & Seniors for...
- COMPUTERS AND TECHNICAL SUPPORT
- ACCOUNTING AND FINANCIAL...
- Photography, Video or Art
- Filmmaking, Video Videography or...