Volunteer Ecuador Quito Medical Nurse EMT Programs Abroaderview.org
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
1 person is interested
The hospital was founded in 1973. This public hospital offers the best service and technology of all public hospitals in Quito. It provides services for all areas of health to people who don´t have any medical insurance.
The hospital has over 240 beds available and more than 10,500 patients are treated every year. The hospital has 4 basic specialties and 29 subspecialties like Cardiology, Neurology, Pulmonology, etc.
The hospital invites almost all medical students from Quito, and around the country to practice medicine here. Volunteers have the chance to do so as well by rotating through the different areas of the hospital such as emergency room, pediatrics, surgery and more. The main role is to observe, listen and learn from the professionals. There are more than enough doctors and nurses to perform the medical practices and the volunteer can shadow and assist, gaining valuable hands on experience that a regular classroom or lecture hall cannot teach.
This is a great chance to improve your skills, build your resume by learn about medicine in a developing nation and improve your Spanish. We recommend our language immersion option for those less than proficient in Spanish (be able to talk 8 hours a day in Spanish with the local staff). However, translator are available (extra $40 per day/5hours) to help you get acclimated into the project.Required:
- 2-3 White scrubs required (can buy in the hospital US$35-40), white comfortable shoes or white sneakers and bring basic tools as: oximeter, stethoscope, strip thermometer, gloves, mask, cleaning blue & red pens.
- US$100 Hospital fee paid with your program cost (1 to 6 weeks program). This will help buy supplies for the hospital.
- US$200 Hospital Fee paid with your program cost (7 to 12 weeks Program)
We'll work with your schedule.
Volunteer houseQuito, 1111111Ecuador
- Patient Care
- Physician Assistant
- Children Medical Services
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- From 1 week to 12 weeks
- Arrival to Ai