Volunteer COLOMBIA -La Mesa- Disable Children Care Center
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
5 people are interested
In Colombia it is normal for families to look after their disable children in their own homes, they never have the opportunity to go to school or have employment and their families struggle a lot to find funds to pay for them to have their special needs and education met.
Volunteer at this Day Care center which supports the learning development of children and adults with special needs. This is the only center of its kind in La Mesa and strives to support hundreds of people in the community. Volunteers will help the local staff with special education classes such as sensory space management, fine motor skills, speech therapy, reading comprehension, text interpretation, hearing skills, as well as writing skills.
Volunteers are also needed to support the team with cultural activities, art, craft, sports (swimming, athletics, and dance), gardening, music, and English lessons. Due to the lack of adequate number of staff, volunteers for this project will need to be pro-active, willing to work with limited direction, and come with a can-do enthusiastic attitude, volunteers will need to bring with them material for this purpose. ABV Coordinators will help with direction and suggestions, but this program needs enthusiastic participants.Project Notes:
- Arrival: First weekend of each Month
- Arrival: Morning or Afternoon arrivals only to Bogotá El Dorado (before 3:00PM)
- Arrival: Transfer cost is $65 one way payable to the ABV Coordinator
- Departure: Evening only departure flights from Bogota El Dorado (after 5:00PM)
- Departure: Transfer cost is $65 one way payable to the ABV Coordinator
- Volunteers required to pay US$100 for each month they volunteer at this program paid with the program cost.
We'll work with your schedule.
Volunteer houseLa Mesa, 111111Colombia
- Physical Therapy
- Children Medical Services
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- From 1 weeks to 8 weeks
- Project Duration: