Volunteer NEPAL Kathmandu Teaching local primary schools
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
2 people are interested
Volunteer in a local primary school in Kathmandu. You will get the opportunity to learn about education challenges in a developing country like Nepal. By being a volunteer English teacher in a school, you will help underprivileged children improve their English skills, gain knowledge on various health issues, social issues and enhancement of academic performance.
As a volunteer in this project you may be asked to participate or organize the following activities during the placement:
- Lesson planning with the local teacher: English, Health, Math lessons
- Develop training, teaching and communication manuals for students.
- Conduct workshops for students in various subjects and skill development for sports, science, art, health awareness etc.
- No Prior experience is needed however; volunteers should be very good in English, child friendly, caring, dedicated and have a lot of patience.
Note: Volunteers are asked to bring teaching aids (flash cards, maps, multiplication tables, and other visual aids) as well as any sports or arts and craft materials. It is recommended all the volunteers to take Nepali language class (optional activity) which will help volunteers in effective communication during the placement with the staff and children.Required:
- US$100 program fee paid with your program cost
We'll work with your schedule.
Volunteer houseKathmandu, 111111Nepal
- General Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- From 1 week to 12 weeks
- Project Length: