Dress for Success San Jose is a local non profit organization and an affiliate toDress for Success Worldwide, the only international organization that addresses and fulfills the needs of low-income women who have left welfare and are interfacing with the challenges of entering the workforce. As a three part program at no costs to our clients, Dress for Success San Jose provides professional attire, a network of support, and the career development tools to help women thrive in work and in life.
Dress for Success San Jose is seeking a volunteer intern to serve 8-10 hours per week to our organization in our Milpitas office.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Ensure that each client receives quality service and care during visit to Dress for Success San Jose boutique.
- Facilitate 5-minute welcome orientation for each client.
- Assist in managing client schedule; confirming and scheduling client appointments.
- Assist with personal shopping and mock interviews for clients.
- Increase partner program relationships and outreach.
- Inventory Management.
- Return telephone calls regarding donations, etc.
- Follow up with clients after 1 st suiting appointments.
- Complete documentation (letters, tax receipts, etc), as assigned.
- Assist Dress for Success San Jose Director with various tasks, including events, trainings.
- Assist w/ sorting clothes and organizing boutique as needed.
- Administrative tasks as needed.
- Working towards degree in Human Services, Social Work, Business, Fashion, Non Profit or any other related field.
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel.
- High level of organizational skills, communication skills.
- Ability to complete projects effectively in timely manner.
- Position works on site at our office located at 504 Valley Way, Milpitas.
Supervised by: Dress for Success San Jose Program Coordinator and Executive Director, LCSW.
If interested in volunteer opportunity, please send letter of intent and resume to email@example.com
The mission of Dress for Success is to promote the economic independence of disadvantaged women by providing professional attire, a network of support and the career development tools to help women thrive in work and in life.
- Customer Service
- Donor Management
- Basic Computer Skills
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Inventory Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 8-10 hours per week
- Must be available to work onsite 8-10 hours per week Monday through Friday 9am-5pm.