To assist with Resource Room to provide assistance and support for any and all computer users help them diminish their barriers to employment.
- Assist clients with using the computer and other lab technology including printing and scanning. This could include logging in, turning on the computer, using the internet, assisting with resume updates/editing, helping fill out job applications and many other things.
- Help clients set goals based on their desires and needs.
- Help track the Resource Room usage by making sure everyone signs in.
- Solve basic computer problems and identify those that need to be elevated to technical support.
- Maintain a positive and inviting atmosphere while enforcing rules.
- Be patient with slow learners.
- Be creative and explain concepts in different ways.
- Be friendly and approachable.
- Be on time according to arranged schedule.
- Other tasks may be assigned by supervisor.
- Familiarity and comfort with basic computer use, job searching, resumes, cover letters and applications.
- Ability to be patient with learners.
- Ability to work well with others and communicate with diverse participants and staff.
To be determined. Flexible hours, Resource Room is open from 8:30 -4:30 Monday - Friday. Minimum 2 hour commitment each week.
General orientation will be provided by EMERGE member. Additional training regarding equipment and best practices provided.
Assist persons with differing levels of technology competency gain skills for self sufficiency and future employment. Serve diverse populations. Develop customer service and problem solving skills.
This position will be supervised.
To apply, please fill out the Volunteer Application located at www.emerge-mn.org/volunteer and specify that you are applying for this position. Questions? Contact email@example.com or 612-787-3750.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 2 hours/week