Global Potential (GP) is a flagship project of Global Potential, a non-profit umbrella organization founded in 2007. Global Potential provides urban youth from low-income communities with the skills and perspective that enable them to effect positive change in their lives, communities, and the global community, through engagement in leadership training, social entrepreneurship, international cultural exchange and service learning.
GP vision is that as youth develop, communities develop.
This position is responsible for coordinating GP's Media Advocacy program, providing support to youth participants on their projects by ensuring that deadlines are met. This position will also be responsible for managing youtube channel and media festival submissions, cultivating partnerships with other youth media organizations, and help to identify funding opportunities.
Responsibilities/ QUALIFICATIONS (Who we are looking for):
- Supervise youth media projects (coordinating between youth participants, program coordinators, and supervising media editors).
- Help to facilitate media workshops to our youth participants
- Ensure that GP workshops and activities are being documented
- Supervise other media program staff, including media curator and video editors.
- Manage GP's youtube channel
- Manage Media Festival opportunities
- Coordinate Media Screenings in schools and communities
- Cultivating our relationships with current and potential media partners, such as Adobe, Tribeca Institute, Reel Works, Manhattan Neighborhood Network, and others.
- Skills in Adobe, Final Cut a plus
- Website Project Management
- Public Relations
- Online Flash/Video Production
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment