Hire Our Heroes (HOH) is seeking volunteers to share their business expertise and advice with veterans and transitioning veterans. Volunteer Career Transition Specialists assist veterans with transitioning and leveraging their military experience and skills to a career in the civilian workforce. They answer questions, provide guidance on various employment topics, and assist veterans with their resumes, LinkedIn profiles, interviewing skills, job search, and other employment related matters. As an HOH Volunteer Career Transition Specialist, the level of engagement and time commitment is determined by your availability, allowing you to give back to our nation's veterans on a flexible schedule with no set time commitment, from the comfort of your own home or office.
Skills and Experience Required
- Eligible candidates must have a desire to assist the veteran community by applying their employment knowledge and expertise
- In order to best assist our veterans, candidates must have a background in human resources (HR), having worked as a Recruiter in which they are/were involved in the hiring process of a civilian employer
- Candidates should have knowledge of various resume formats and their proper use, be familiar with various job boards, and proficient with Microsoft Word
- They must also be LinkedIn savvy,
- Experience with BullHorn or similar Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) strongly desired
If you are interested in being a Volunteer Career Transition Specialist, please send your resume to email@example.com using the subject line: "Volunteer Career Transition Specialist"
- Human Resources Recruitment
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must have a background in HR/Recruiting