Have a skill you'd like to share? Instruct it to the teens in our "Teens reaching adult independent living" program. These teens are quickly reaching adulthood, and need skills to be successful. Sharing something you know could help them tremedously in future endeavors. Skills like cooking, budgeting, sewing, carpentry, landscaping/gardening, or anything you know and would like to share!
Let us know if you'd like to help promote success with these young individuals.
Also: Budgeting, housekeeping, How to interview, How to get along with your room mate, how to get a job, how to keep a job. The IL classes are ran using modules. Each class has a written plan along with some work sheets for the youth to complete.
- Child Development
- Child Welfare
- Youth Services
- General Education
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 23
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours for each class
- Background checks are required
- Hello, Receptionist!
- Support Meeting - Salina, KS
- Support Meeting - Chanute, KS
- Teach what you know, Mentor a...
- Help Organize a clothing bank! -...
- Easter for Foster Care! -...
- Foster Care Support Meeting -...
- Volunteers Needed - Wichita KS!
- Support Meeting - Winfield, KS
- Garmin Oz Run - Course Monitor
- Help our booth at Vintage Market...