SARNCO is looking for people who want to make a difference, excel at listening to the needs of others, and care about ending sexual and relationship violence in our community.
SARNCO Volunteer Advocate Opportunities:
- Hospital Advocate: Provides face-to-face emotional support, options and information to survivors while they are receiving care in local hospital emergency departments.
- Hospital Advocate for Survivors who are Deaf: Through collaboration with Deaf World Against Violence Everywhere (DWAVE), provides hospital advocacy to survivors who are Deaf.
- Helpline Advocate: Answers SARNCO's 24-Hour Rape Helpline to provide comfort, support and options over the phone to those who have been sexually assaulted and their friends or family members.
- Prevention Educators: Gives educational presentations to students and community groups on vitally-important sexual and relationship violence prevention.
SARNCO advocates also participate in community outreach and public awareness events to distribute sexual assault intervention and prevention materials.
We are recruiting volunteers and accepting applications for our volunteer training sessions. Contact SARNCO to get started on your application! We are now interveiwing for your January 2017 training. Please feel free to contact us to get the application and the updated training dates for 2017.
If you or someone you know has been sexually assaulted, call the SARNCO 24-Hour Rape Helpline at (614) 267-7020. Or, call toll free via RAINN at 1-800-656-HOPE.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 40-hour training plus monthly shifts