Assistant Grant Writer
Do you enjoy writing strong, successful grant applications? Come help make equal access to justice in our community a reality by assisting Eastside Legal Assistance Program (ELAP)’s offices with grant writing support and assist ELAP in accomplishing our mission to serve low income residents of the Eastside and survivors of domestic violence from all of King County. Since 1989, ELAP has provided Eastside residents and survivors of domestic violence with a variety of civil case services enabling equal access to justice including, one-on-one legal clinics, unbundled legal services, brief services and community education seminars.
Your role in this position will be to assist our Developmet Director in researching and writing grants for ELAP to secure funding for ELAP’s Domestic Violence Project, operating expenses, and other ELAP initiatives.
- Research potential funding sources for our organizaion.
- Assist with, review and edit grant proposals
- Draft grant proposals
- Work closely with Development Director in developing grant proposals
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of particular areas involved in identifying and soliciting grants
- Assist with identifying potential grant opportunities
- Report to Stan Kehl, Development Director
This volunteer position requires an average of five to ten hours (10) per week. We ask for a minimum one year commitment.
- Commitment to ELAP’s mission in promoting equal access to justice
- Grant writing experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication and collaboration skills
- Interpersonal/human relations skills
- Ability to listen and develop information into grant proposals
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
- Ability to pay attention to detail and maintain accurate records
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
This position is a great way to make a difference in your community by providing ELAP attorneys and support staff with the ability to bring critical legal services to vulnerable populations, who may otherwise have no access. Statistics show that low-income individuals and families have, on average, at least three situations each year where they require legal advice. The need is great as ever to improve accessibility to the legal system for residents. With your help, we aim to make equal access to justice a reality. Serving as an assistant grant writer for ELAP is a terrific way to give back to your community while utilizing your grant writing skills.
To apply please submit a completed ELAP General Volunteer Application Form available on the ELAP website. Please be sure to indicate your schedule availability, length of commitment and what interests you in this position. We will contact you shortly to discuss your interest in this position. If you have any questions, please contact Esperanza Borboa, ELAP Program Director at email@example.com or at 425-747-7274 Ext 201. Thank you for your commitment to equal access to justice.
- Grant Writing / Research
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Donor Management
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 5-10 Hrs per week
- 1 year commitment