Serve your community and be part of team that has helped over 30000 kids!
Become a Mentor and Help Children & Youth to Succeed
Empowering Children & Youth To Make Good Decisions
Have you have had a mentor that guided and helped you to make life choices? That professor, teacher, godfather who gave you an opportunity to succeed! Become a mentor, be active in your community!
Watch a short video to know more about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX7azcZ_Yug
Youth Assisting Youth (The Peer Project) is a non-for-profit organization that gives youth an opportunity to volunteer in their community.
- We need Mentors aged (16 to 29yrs) especially males to;
Provide support/coaching to a youth on a one-to-one basis
- To share experiences, skills, and hobbies and inspire younger youth (aged 6-15) to stay on the right track.
- Provide an opportunity to succeed
* Being a Role Model & having fun while engaging in social and/or academic activities
* Attending FREE attractions such as professional sports, and other events (optional)
You can volunteer on your schedule (3 hours per week) and close to home. You will gain a valuable experience!!!
-Get an certificate
-Build your resume
-Develop soft skills
-Make a concrete difference
To apply contact Marcos via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Next Training Session Sept 17th- Sat 10am-3pm- contact mramos[at]yay.org to reserve a spot!
NOTE: Volunteer positions show future employers your drive and dedication. Such accomplishments demonstrate initiative, personal will and leadership skills. Excellent for future social workers/counselors/teachers
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hours/week
- Have fun