Relay For Life of Salinas Needs an ACS CAN Lead!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
3 people are interested
The ACS CAN Lead’s primary responsibility is to recruit ACS CAN members and engage Relay For Life participants in fighting back through advocacy. The ACS CAN (American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network120) Lead aims to educate Relay participants and the community about legislative efforts aimed to eradicate cancer and to recruit a grass-roots army of advocacy volunteers. Contact Branna Dobrzanski for more information: 415.787.5483 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Specific tasks can include:
• Ask the Event Leadership Team, Team Captains, participants, volunteers, and community to take action on the Society’s legislative priorities and ACS CAN materials and resources.
• Ensure that Event Leadership Team includes and considers advocacy education and activation in their plans by including ACS CAN education, celebrations, and member recruitment in their agenda when Relay participants are gathered.
• Communicate and disseminate materials provided from ACS CAN to help raise awareness about cancer-related legislative priorities and to recruit ACS CAN members.
• Be willing to help mobilize Relay participants on ACS CAN’s legislative priorities, be able to articulate the benefits of becoming a member of ACS CAN, and be sure all Event Leadership Team and members and Team Captains can do the same.
• Collaborate with Registration Lead and Accounting Lead to track ACS CAN membership forms/fees.
• Recruit Event Leadership Team, Team captains, participants, and volunteers to join ACS CAN.
• Become an ACS CAN member.
• Promote ACS CAN Club and work with Recognition Lead to recognize members.
We'll work with your schedule.
Entire Community of Salinas, Prunedale,SoldadSalinas, CA 93906
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-3 hours per week depending on time of year
- Up to 30 hours on event weekends