- Answer phones, record messages, and direct calls to the appropriate staff and retrieve messages from voice mail. Document information and referral calls.
- Provide information and referral resources to callers and occasional "walk-ins" that may be in crisis.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Assess each caller for homelessness by conducting a "phone screen" and recording the information on the appropriate form.
- Greet and assist office visitors, including children.
- Perform various office duties, which may include typing, copying, faxing, filing, sorting mail, addressing and stuffing envelopes, and posting mail.
- Assist in maintaining the donations storeroom.
Housing and Family Services (HFS) clients will receive premier service and be connected with the best Family Tree staff member to meet their needs.
- Administrative and Crisis Support Assistants will demonstrate the value of effective volunteer engagement and attract additional volunteers that can help build Family Tree’s capacity.
- This role will help HFS staff to fulfill strategic priorities.
Training & Support
- We ask each volunteer to attend the following trainings led by Family Tree experts:
Volunteer Orientation, Domestic Violence Symposium and Homelessness 101.
- Administrative and Crisis Support Assistants will have additional training from staff.
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Basic Computer Skills
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- six months to one year, weekly, M-F office hours
- Fatherhood Intern
- Host / Reception Assistant -...
- Administrative & Crisis Support...
- Supervised Visitation...
- Corporate Relations Intern
- House of Hope - Dinner Donor
- Domestic Violence Outreach -...
- House of Hope - Children's...
- House of Hope - Children's Tutor
- Communications and Public...
- Karlis Family Center - Playtime...
- Family Advocate Volunteer