Seasons Hospice of Oregon is looking for dedicated and compassionate volunteers in Washington County,Multnomah County and Clackamas County
Volunteers are a highly valued and vital part of our organization. You can use your gifts to impact someone in their last stages of life in many ways, and we'll make sure you are well-trained, equipped, and supported.
As a Direct Patient Care (Bedside) Volunteer, you would provide the patient and family with emotional support and companionship. This can range from reading, listening to music, crafts, watching movies, and more. You can bring comfort to the family by being an understanding presence who supports what they are going through.
We also have special project volunteers. Veteran to Veteran Program, Music companion, Loyal pet friend
Orientation and training to be a Seasons Hospice volunteer is extensive, but very valuable. All volunteers must have or complete the following:
- Initial paperwork packet completion
- Interview and paperwork review session with Volunteer Coordinator
- Untarnished criminal background history
- Motor vehicle report with no more than 3 moving violations within the past 36 months
- 2 step Tuberculosis skin test, offered to you for free through our office
- E-modules and competency completion
Direct Patient Care Volunteers must be 18 or older.
- People Skills
- Elder care
- Relationship Building
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training