The NorthStar Youth Outreach Center connects youth and young adults 13-24 of all genders (and their children) to a safe place to access basic needs. Open from 3 to 7pm Monday through Friday, youth can receive advocacy and safety planning, shower and laundry access, creative art spaces and a computer lab, and career and educational support. Youth Outreach Center Advocates provide individualized and comprehensive supportive services at the center.
Impact & Benefits
- Make a difference in a young person’s life by listening to and advocating for their needs
- Maintain a safe and empowering community as you provide support to youth, young adults, and children who have experienced homelessness, trauma, or violence
- Foster trusting relationships with young people to foster a safe and peaceful environment while maintain professional boundaries and confidentiality
- Follow agency guidelines as you interact with clients to identify their concerns and needs
- Communicate and collaborate within your team to provide coordinated services to clients
- Have experience and enjoy working with youth and young adults
- Comfortable working under pressure, able to remain calm in response to difficult situations
- Excellent communication and people skills, including emotional stability, empathy, flexibility and patience, active listening skills and ability to understand and respond appropriately to client’s needs
- Ability to work with diverse teams and clients to foster a culturally inclusive environment
Time Commitment & Availability
- Minimum of a 150‐hour commitment, including orientation/training
- Commit to at least one shift per week. Days and times of available shifts are Monday - Friday, 2:30-5:30 pm, or 5:00-7:30 pm
Please apply by submitting your application on our website http://www.tubman.org/get-involved/volunteer.html
We encourage applications from people of color, multilingual speakers, people of all genders, veterans and people with disabilities.
- Child Care
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Crisis Counseling
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 150 hours,
- Special Events Committee Member
- Personal Shopper (Minneapolis or...
- Youth Outreach Center Advocate -...
- Career Specialist - Apply now...
- Child Care Assistant...
- Day Camp Counselor for Children...
- Adult & Famiy Advocate - Serve...
- Recruitment Specialist - Apply...
- Computer Resource Assistant...
- Resource and Crisis Line...