Hospice Advantage Volunteers make a difference in the lives of patients and families. They find their Volunteer experience incredibly rewarding as they provide support to those who are going through the end of life process.
All Hospice Advantage volunteers receive comprehensive training that includes hospice philosophy, caring for the terminally ill and grief and loss education. We then match your talents and interests with available volunteer roles.
- Listening as a patient shares memories
- Filling in to give a family caregiver a short, needed break
- Making supportive calls and visits to bereaved family members.
- Telephoning patients and families to offer reassurance and comfort
- Providing administrative support to the Hospice Advantage office
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment