Assist Red Cross in delivering mission by alleviating human suffering caused by disasters
OPEN TIME DAYS
Disaster Action Team volunteers are required to be on call for disasters on a monthly basis. Shifts can be as short as 6 hours and as long as you wish. We recommend that you go on call for a regularly recurring weekly or monthly shift...but you will be able to choose a flexible schedule that works best for you.
* Volunteer Orientation (required)
* Disaster Services: An Overview (DSO - required)
* Disaster Action Team Workshop (required)
* Shelter Fundamentals
* Psychological First Aid
* Client Casework - Providing Emergency Assistance
* Field training -｠note: the above coursework can be taken concurrently with your field training; you may shadow and respond to disasters as soon as you have completed your orientation, background check, and DSO.
- Disaster Response
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Once trained, volunteers may remain active inedefinitely; as long as their required training is kept