Make a positive difference in the lives of ill and disadvantaged children in Nepal and Vietnam
We are currently looking for volunteers to provide pediatric massage to orphans affected by HIV/AIDS and disabilities in Nepal and Vietnam. Experience with massage is not required since you will receive basic training in massage at the start of the program.
Some of the children live in orphanages where there are relatively few adult caregivers and volunteer help is crucial to meeting their needs. Massage promotes the children's well-being by bringing relief from pain and anxiety and helps meet their emotional and developmental needs for one-on-one nurturing attention and touch.
During this volunteer program you will:
- live in Nepal or Vietnam for 1-4 weeks
- learn to provide massage in ways that not only deliver important health benefits but also communicate to children they are safe, loved, and respected
- get a tremendous amount of hands-on experience providing massage to children with HIV/AIDS and disabilities
- become part of a community of like-minded volunteers
- experience the joy of offering care and comfort to children who have a great need for the care you can provide
Visit www.budstoblossoms.org to select program dates from the calendar and send in your application form.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- You can choose to join for 1 to 4 weeks