Revitalize community spaces throughout New York City with Habitat for Humanity!
Our Brush With Kindness (BWK) program enhances community spaces in all five boroughs by painting interiors and murals, landscaping and gardening, and performing minor construction tasks in public schools, playgrounds, community centers, and public parks.
As a volunteer, you will have the opportunity to create your own schedule, meet new people, learn new skills, and most importantly, make a positive difference in the lives of others.
No experience is necessary - just enthusiasm!
Our sites are open Wednesday through Friday 8:45AM - 4:00PM and Saturdays 9:15AM - 4:30PM. Volunteers ages 14 - 17 may participate with a signed waiver from a parent or guardian.
How to sign up:
Learn more before signing up by visiting our website (habitatnyc.org) OR create a profile on volunteerhub and sign up for a volunteer orientation (see instructions below). Please note: orientations are optional and are not required for Brush With Kindness volunteers.
If you are ready to start making a difference, follow the steps below to create your volunteerhub account:
1. Log on to habitatnyc.volunteerhub.com
2. Click the "Register" button to create a new profile
- Choose a username and password
- Leave the Join Code field blank and click "Next"
- Input your full name, contact information, date of birth, and emergency contact's information
3. Select "Brush With Kindness" and click on the event that interests you
4. Click on the "Sign Up" button and follow the directions to register for the event
5. You will receive a confirmation email letting you know you successfully signed up for a volunteer day!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questionsWe hope to see you soon!
- Interior / Exterior Design
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 14
- Full day commitment