Care for Orphans in India with BudgetVolunteering.com
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
2 people are interested
If you love working with babies and young children and want some hands on experience, this is a great project! You'll be involved with the day to day running of the Orphanage and help the nurses wash, feed and play with the children.
The Orphanage is a home for victims of female infanticide and abandoned children. There are around 20 children, some of whom were found abandoned in churches or temples and others are surrendered by their parents. The children are all in desperate need of tender loving care ... and this is where you come in.
Your responsibilities will depend on your abilities and may include some or all of the following:
- Helping the staff wash and dress the older children
- Bottle feed the babies
- Changing nappies
- Feeding the older children
- Teaching basic English and Maths
- Teaching the older children nursery rhymes
- Organising and facilitating games for the children
By playing games with the children you also encourage confidence building and their use of English in an informal way. For many of the older children, you are able to integrate education into games and also help with homework.
Minimum Program duration is 2 weeks and up to 24 weeks, minimum age is 17, unless accompanied by an adult. No qualifications necessary.
Program price ranges from $970 for 2 weeks and includes:
- Meeting you at the nearest Airport
- Transfer to your accommodation
- Transport to and from your project
- Full pre-departure support
- Local in-country team support and backup
- 24-hr emergency support.
We'll work with your schedule.
Various OrphanagesMadurai, Tamil Nadu 00000India
- People 55+