We are looking for interns to help us plan and carry out community based development projects. This internship provides the opportunity to learn about various qualitative and quantitative research methods in collaboration with the communities of Huapo and Chololon, just outside of Tarapoto in the tropical premontane region of Northern Peru. By taking a participatory approach, planning activities will allow interns to get a holistic view of the lives and livelihoods of community members while helping to define future community development activities of Rios Nete in the region.
Understand the lives, livelihoods, and resources of community members through collaborative research
Identify areas for community and program development activities
Highlight potential areas for collaboration between Runa Foundation, Rios Nete and local stakeholders
Begin implementation of tangible community development projects with local communities
Design and implement data collection activities (such as semi-structured interviews, household surveys, focus groups, etc.)
Build collaborative relationships with community members and local public, private, and civil organizations
Carry out all parts of effective participatory development projects including grant writing, developing Monitoring and Evaluation plans, Activities, budgeting and other planning and management related activities.
We are seeking graduate and undergraduate students in fields such as development practice, social work, policy, gender studies, or other interdisciplinary or social science. Proficiency in Spanish and English is essential. Previous experience in Latin America and/or community outreach is preferred.
Dates are flexible throughout the year.
8 weeks room and program fees...........$1600
10 weeks room and program fees............$2000
*Program fees include living accommodations. Travel expenses and food are not included.
Please send the following directly to our Program Manager, Lindsay McGeehon, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. A simple resume
2. Letter of intent (including which project you are applying for and why you want to intern)
3. Two references (email addresses are OK)If you are interested in working with us or have any questions about the internship program please send an email directly to email@example.com.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Conversational level of Spanish
- Organic Sustainable Agriculture...
- Social Entrepreneurship in the...
- Agricultural Cooperative...
- Ethnobotany Internship in the...
- Community Development in the...
- Public Health Internship in the...
- Public Health and Traditional...
- Forest Conservation in the...
- Social Impact Storytelling...
- Participatory Community...
- Sustainable Agricultural Design...