Social Impact Storytelling interns will be responsible for creating engaging and thought-provoking videos about Runa’s work in the Ecuadorian Amazon; highlighting the farmers we work with, the significance of guayusa to the Kichwa culture, and the dynamic Amazon jungle. They will develop brand awareness by creating digital online and web media. This will be accomplished by preparing, editing, updating and composing online material such as graphics, photos, audio/video clips, which will be integrated with our social networking mediums. This internship provides the perfect opportunity to build a unique media profile whilst supporting Runa’s work and sharing Guayusa with the world.
* Create brand awareness through digital media
* Edit and use the existing media Runa has
* Collect more media which conveys Runa’s story and mission
* Share Runa’s story and Guayusa with the world through a unique online media profile
This internship is geared towards undergraduate and graduate students majoring in environmental science, sustainable agriculture, agroforestry, policy, business, or a related field. Proficiency in English and Spanish is preferred. Experience in Latin America and/or working in a rural setting is a plus.
Please send the following directly to our Program Manager, Lindsay McGeehon, at email@example.com.
1. A simple resume
2. Letter of intent (including which project you are applying for and why you want to intern)
3. Two references (email addresses are OK)
If you are interested in working with us or have any questions about the internship program please send an email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
January 6th - March 7th 2015
March 10th - May 16th 2015
June 17th - August 23rd 2015
October 16th - November 15th 2015
*Dates can be flexible except for the Summer Internship
8 weeks room and program fees...........$1600
10 weeks room and program fees............$2000
Optional Homestay fee...........................$60/week
(Homestay includes all meals, lodging and transportation to/from homestay community)
*Program fees include living accommodations. Food and travel expenses are not included
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Organic Sustainable Agriculture...
- Social Entrepreneurship in the...
- Ethnobotany Internship in the...
- Agricultural Cooperative...
- Public Health Internship in the...
- Community Development in the...
- Public Health and Traditional...
- Forest Conservation in the...
- Social Impact Storytelling...
- Participatory Community...
- Sustainable Agricultural Design...