At Runa Foundation, our mission is to create new value for native plants that benefit local people and the environment. Guayusa is an excellent example of how we’ve started with our mission and now we’re looking to the future for new plants that could have value for farmers. Interns will assist us by looking into creating new supply chains for other species commonly found in the area.
Our social entrepreneurship interns will work alongside Runa Foundation staff to look at new potential products, markets, and create a short business plan to commercialize these new potential products from Amazonian plants.
Research supply chain development, international markets, and processing capabilities for these new potential products
Supply chain management
Create short business plans for new products
This internship is geared towards undergraduate and graduate students majoring in environmental science, policy, business, agriculture, or a related field. Proficiency in English and Spanish is required. Experience in Latin America and/or working in a rural setting is a plus.
Please send the following directly to our Program Manager, Lindsay McGeehon, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. A simple resume
2. Letter of intent (including which project you are applying for and why you want to intern)
3. Two references (email addresses are OK)
If you are interested in working with us or have any questions about the internship program please send an email directly to email@example.com
January 6th - March 7th 2015
March 10th - May 16th 2015
June 17th - August 23rd 2015
October 16th - November 15th 2015
*Dates can be flexible except for the Summer Internship
8 weeks room and program fees...........$1600
10 weeks room and program fees............$2000
Optional Homestay fee...........................$60/week
(Homestay includes all meals, lodging and transportation to/from homestay community)
*Program fees include living accommodations. Food and travel expenses are not included
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Organic Sustainable Agriculture...
- Social Entrepreneurship in the...
- Ethnobotany Internship in the...
- Agricultural Cooperative...
- Public Health Internship in the...
- Community Development in the...
- Public Health and Traditional...
- Forest Conservation in the...
- Social Impact Storytelling...
- Participatory Community...
- Sustainable Agricultural Design...