Schedule: 12:15-1:15pm Monday - Thursday
Position Description: Provide one-on-one and/or small group academic support to students in a variety of subjects (ESOL, reading & writing, computers, math, retail & customer service and more) as a supplement to classroom instruction. Tutoring sessions will occur outside of class time at a specified location within a Job Training & Education Center. Assist students with assigned coursework to increase student’s comprehension.
- Provide guidance and academic support to individuals or small groups
- Preparatory work before tutoring sessions: identifying current lessons from instructors and creating examples/activities (role playing, practice exercises, reading materials, etc.) based on lesson plan
- Walk through classroom activities and homework in various subjects
- Provide a wide array of examples, depending on the student’s learning style
- Other activities as needed
Reports to: Supervisor determined during interview process
Role Requirements & Abilities:
- Interest in working in basic education focused on adult learners; previous experience teaching or tutoring valued but not required
- Experience working with diverse individuals with multiple barriers.
- Reliable, punctual and consistent.
- Patient, understanding, and caring.
- Strong listening skills
- Math / Science Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Literacy / Reading
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 8 weeks, 1-4 hours per week