Wildlife Conservation in Australia with Budget Volunteering
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
21 people are interested
Assist at a Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre that helps all types of animals throughout the whole of Perth. You'll work at the Centre site, as well as on various different projects and locations throughout the city, like a national park, the river, the coast, the Wetlands, beaches, schools and Perth Zoo.
You'll assist in taking care of a variety of different types of animals that need your help, as well as working with plants and trees, habitat restoration and heritage protection - in one of the most beautiful parts of Australia!
Includes Arranging your program, meeting you at the airport, accommodation, full in-country support, and more. Minimum program duration is 3 weeks, minimum age is 18.
The range of activities you may undertake includes:
- Caring for the animals and birds, including cleaning enclosures and cages.
- Preparing food and water for the animals.
- Filling the duck and swan pond.
- Assisting with compiling medical records for all new animals that are brought to the Centre.
- Checking the animal diet board to ensure that the sick or injured animals are receiving the meals that have been specified for them.
- Cleaning the hospital boxes and tanks.
- You may be able to assist with animal captures, but this will depend on a number of factors, such as whether the animal is dangerous, what type of terrain it is stranded in, and whether there are captures while you're there.
- Surveys and monitoring
- Ground maintenance: This includes tasks such as: checking the upkeep of the animal enclosures; checking the hoses and fixing them if required; checking the various pieces of equipment and reporting which need replacing or repairing, in order to ensure things are kept to the best standard possible
- Gardening and Laundry
- Help in the office with some administration
We'll work with your schedule.
Wildlife ParkPerth, Western Australia 00000Australia
- People 55+