Works Program staff and volunteer peer educators provide outreach, education, and syringe exchange services to reduce HIV and viral hepatitis transmission among drug users who inject, as well as their partners.
Description of Work:
The volunteer will work as a team member with Works Program staff to provide syringe access at the Longmont BCPH site.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provides syringe access services and harm reduction education to clients in the Works Program.
* Maintains client confidentiality.
* Assists program staff in maintaining adequate program supplies and ensuring that supplies are organized.
* May assist with data entry and other projects.
* May assist in overdose prevention training.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Nine months, 4-6 hours per week