West Valley Community Services (WVCS)* is looking for 1 or 2 volunteers to assist with Thursday morning grocery pickup. This shift is from approxiamtely 8am-9:00am. Volunteers must be 21 years of age or older and hold a valid Driver's License. Volunteers would drive our company van to pick up the donations.
This is a great way to start your day and give back to the community! WVCS has wonderful relationships with local grocery stores to provide clients with fresh produce and bread, things that many typical food pantries cannot provide. In order to provide these goods to clients, we look for volunteers to help us pick up these donated groceries and bring them into the food pantry.
*West Valley Community Services (WVCS) is a basic needs organization that serves people in need in the Cupertino, Los Gatos, Monte Sereno, Saratoga, and West San Jose areas. The mission of WVCS is to encourage the sharing of community resources, to provide basic human needs in a caring and dignified environment, and to provide opportunities for volunteers to participate in WVCS' activities. If you are interested in volunteering for Grocery pick-up, or in another capacity, please contact Mary Ciesinski, Community Engagement Manager, at 408-255-8033 ext 303 or at email@example.com
- Food Service
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 8-week minimum commitment please!
- Can comfortably lift 40 pounds
- Food Pantry - Monday Morning
- Translator/Interpreter (as...
- Be a Financial Coach! (English...
- Food Pantry - Wednesday Mornings
- Grocery Pick-up - Wednesday...
- Grocery Pick-up - Monday...
- Website Design/Graphic Design
- Grocery Pick-up - Friday...
- Grocery Pick-up - Thursday...
- Food Pantry - Tuesday Mornings
- Grocery Pick-up -...