42 people are interested
Humane Policy Volunteer Leader (Nationwide)
ORGANIZATION: The Humane Society of the United States
Please visit the new page to apply.
42 people are interested
Do you want to help create a more humane society for all animals? Check out our Humane Policy Volunteer Leader opportunity! Humane Policy Volunteer Leaders are at the forefront of our work to advance priority federal, state and local animal protection legislation and policies. The Humane Policy Volunteer Leader program is the first, largest and most effective animal protection policy volunteer program of its kind in the nation.
Humane Policy Volunteer Leader responsibilities:
The Humane Policy Volunteer Leader position is a virtual volunteer opportunity that is available in every state and can be done from your home. The main responsibility of this impactful volunteer position is to establish and maintain effective, professional relationships with government officials and encourage their support of the HSUS's priority animal protection positions. Learn more about this game-changing volunteer program here: www.humanesociety.org/policyvolunteer Humane Policy Volunteer Leaders will become highly skilled in the rapidly growing animal protection movement, receiving advanced training and ongoing support.
Join our team by submitting your Humane Policy Volunteer Leader application here: https://volunteers.humanesociety.org/index.php?section=volunteerOpportunities&action=view&fwID=2094. After clicking on the application link, click the red "Apply Now"' button in the top right corner.
About The Humane Society of the United States
700 PROFESSIONAL DR, GAITHERSBURG, MD 20879, US
We fight the big fights to end suffering for all animals. Together with millions of supporters, we take on puppy mills, factory farms, trophy hunts, animal testing and other cruel industries. With our affiliates, we rescue and care for thousands of animals every year through our animal rescue team’s work and other hands-on animal care services. We fight all forms of animal cruelty to achieve the vision behind our name: A humane society. And we can’t do it without you.
We work to:
- Provide direct care, rescue and services for animals in crisis.
- Pass local, state and federal laws to protect animals.
- Make sure existing laws are properly enforced.
- Help the biggest corporations reform their animal welfare policies.
- Shape public opinion on animal cruelty through our awareness campaigns and investigations.
- The world’s greatest roster of scientists and other experts in animal welfare.
- State directors across the country working at the local level.
- Five affiliated animal sanctuaries and medical centers.
- Programs that provide veterinary care and other animal services to inner cities, and a veterinary affiliate that provides these services to Native American reservations.
- Wildlife sanctuaries in more than 35 states.
- A global affiliate, Humane Society International, which runs programs in more than 20 countries.
We take a mainstream approach and combat the most severe forms of cruelty and abuse. Leaders in the humane movement ranked us the most effective animal organization in the country in a survey conducted by Guidestar’s Philanthropedia.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 11, 2022
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Humane Policy Volunteer Leaders commit to taking actions as directed by HSUS program staff and their state director, averaging one to three hours per week for one year (weekly time may vary). Ongoing participation after the first year is preferred.