Volunteer serves as mentor in the 'LEAD’ out-of-school time program with Future for KIDS.
- Form a bond with youth by serving as a mentor and enrich the lives of youth who face adversity
- Work in small groups with 7th and 8th grade students to promote self-efficacy, peer leadership, and positive self-reflection
- Serve as a positive role model for youth
"Volunteering for Future for KIDS helped me as much as it helped the children"- Nick
Specific opportunities to enrich the lives of youth within your small group of mentees are as follows:
- Assist small groups of youth with journaling and self-reflection projects
- Engage in stimulating academic activities and promote peer leadership among youth
- Engage youth in fitness and athletic activities
The youth in our programs are hand selected and are faced with at least one Adverse Childhood Experience (ACEs). You will be trained prior to meeting with the youth to create positive and trusting relationships.
- 2 hours commitment per week
- Program meets Thursday at Sequioa Charter School
- 2 hours with youth. Mentors arrive 30 minutes prior to program to prepare for program
- Mentors serve 26 weeks throughout the school year
'LEAD’ Program Goal: To develop Strong PEER leaders; To grow effective peer to peer mentorship to strengthen youth’s confidence and resiliency by helping them cultivate their own moral principles, as well as fostering their own unique leadership potential. It is in these ways that we prepare, prevent, and mentor developing healthy kids.
- Problem Solving
- Child Development
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours on Thursdays 3:15 - 5:15
- Application and Interview
- 'Discover Your Future' - Mentor...
- Inspire a Youth...Become a Mentor!
- Mentor Teens to Become Leaders
- Become a Mentor - Central...
- Become a Mentor - Future for KIDS!
- Become a Mentor to Youth Facing...
- Inspire Youth...Future for KIDS!
- Mentor Today's Youth - 'Discover...
- Become a Mentor for Youth Facing...
- Inspire Youth...Become a Mentor!
- Be a Mentor. Change a Life.
- Mentor Youth Affected by ACEs -...