Global Student Embassy’s mission is to empower young leaders to become environmental stewards, social innovators, and community leaders. GSE accomplishes this mission through two keystone programs:
1) School gardens across the Bay Area are the outdoor classrooms where GSE educators lead students in activities that illustrate the connections between their gardens and global environmental issues.
2) Cultural exchange is integrated into all aspects of GSE programs. Each year students from Ecuador and Nicaragua visit the US to connect and support local projects, and students from the US travel to Nicaragua and Ecuador to learn from, and build upon locally-driven environmental movements.
OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN THE BOARD
We are looking for engaged board members who are excited about getting involved in a hands-on fashion in the organization. We are also looking for board members who are especially passionate about environmental issues and youth education.
1. Attend board and committee meetings. The board meets quarterly, in the Bay Area, and committees meet by phone 8 times per year.
2. Actively contribute and share insights in meetings. Board members spend an average of 5 hrs/mo helping the organization.
3. Contribute financially to the organization in a personally significant way
4. Represent the organization with relevant donors and organizations
KEY AREAS OF FOCUS:
1. Expanding within Latin America and the United States
2. Growing funding sources
3. Refining business model
4. Developing environmental and youth leadership curriculum
- Disaster Response
- Financial Planning
- Environmental Education
- Professional Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment